Crime Stoppers Student
Poster Competition 2018
R. J. Larizza, State Attorney
Crime Stoppers of NE Florida
Mr. James T. Russell, Superintendent Volusia County Schools
Sheriff Michael Chitwood, Volusia County Sheriff
Entry Deadline to Art Teachers: April 6, 2018
Art Teachers will Drop off or mail 3 finalist posters (by April 12th) to:
Bryce Hammond, Visual Arts Specialist
Address: 200 North Clara, Brewster Center, 3rd, DeLand, Florida
Theme: Make Your School, Your World, A Better Place.
Use artwork and/or an original slogan that illustrates shared responsibility
for student safety and conduct. This is your contest and your voice matters.
- Open to all students in grades K-12.
- Entries must be originals of the student artist. The use of copyright materials and/or designs is prohibited.
- Poster submissions should be no smaller than 8 ½ by 11 inches and no larger than 11 by 14 inches.
- Suggested mediums are as follows: crayon, ink, paint, markers, camera or digital media. All submissions must be two-dimensional.
- Keep with the positive theme. Do NOT include the Crime Stoppers logo.
- There are to be no images of guns, killing or drug paraphernalia in the art work. Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
- Please encourage students to use bright colors, which reproduce better then pastel colors.
- Attach the below entry form to the back of each student’s art submission. Entries without completed, attached forms will be disqualified. Print neatly.
Cash awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each division (Elementary, Middle and High) totaling in nine winners. The nine winners from Volusia, Flagler, Putnam and St. Johns Counties will then be judged on an overall circuit level. Each school division will have one overall winner.
$100- First Place $50 – Second Place $25 – Third Place
an additional $300. Their posters will
be reprinted and placed in every
school in the four-county circuit,
at the appropriate grade levels.
Criteria for Judging:
- Adherence to the theme
- and contest guidelines
- Originality and Creativity
- Aesthetic Quality
- (905.5 KBs)