Parking at DeLand High School is a privilege and all vehicles must be properly registered.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PRESALE OF PARKING PASS 2020-21
To qualify for a parking sticker you must have:
1. Valid FLORIDA driver's license
2. Current FLORIDA Vehicle Registration in your name or family member's name
3. Valid, up-to-date Insurance Card.
4. Pre-sale of Parking Pass is $65.00 (July-August)- AFTER September 1ST $75.00
A s tud e nt ’s p ar ki ng p riv ilege ma y b e revo ked fo r the fo llo wing reaso ns:
1. Entering the parking lot during school day without proper pass.
2. Allowing another student to drive your vehicle.
3. Unauthorized absence from campus or sitting in car during class time (skipping class).
4. Taking another student off campus without proper school ID or authorization from the school.
5. Transferring a sticker put on your vehicle to another vehicle or illegally receiving a sticker to put on your vehicle.
6. Reckless driving and/or speeding in the parking lot or within the perimeter of the school.
7. When entering or leaving the DHS campus, failure to follow all posted signs could result in the loss of your parking
TRANSFER: To transfer a sticker from one vehicle to another, a student must have:
1. The Current Registration & Insurance to the new vehicle.
2. A Completed Form with the new information filled in.
3. Remains of the Old Sticker.
TEMPORARY PERMITS: YOU MUST HAVE A PERMANENT STICKER IN ORDER TO GET A TEMPORARY ONE.
If for some reason a student must temporarily drive a family owned vehicle, other than the stickered vehicle, he/she must obtain a temporary permit from the Activities Office. This permit should be obtained before first period. The temporary permit must be used on a car that is on the same insurance policy as the original sticker. If you do not have a sticker, you do not qualify for a temporary. A temporary cannot be issued for more than three days and must be returned to the front gate when it has expired or is no longer needed.
Failure to return a temporary pass may result in a loss of parking privileges and obligation.
RULES FOR PARKING ON SCHOOL GROUNDS:
1. Students must leave their cars and come on campus as soon as they park. Loitering in the parking lot will not be permitted. Cars should not be used as lockers. Students should return to their cars ONLY when leaving school at the end of the day, at lunch, (seniors and designated juniors only), or after checking through proper procedures. Administrative permission must be acquired in order to enter the parking lot during the day.
2. Once you have driven into the student parking lots in the morning, you may not leave the campus without properly checking out through the appropriate check out procedures. Penalty – purchase of a new sticker required.
3. Stickers, once issued, may not be altered or laminated. Stickers must be permanently affixed on the windshield, driver’s side, and may not be removed for any reason other than to turn it in. Penalty – purchase of a new sticker required.
4. Under no circumstance will a student whose parking privilege has been revoked or denied be granted a temporary parking permit.
5. Vehicles displaying words, graphics, or designs which in the opinion of the school administration are in poor taste are prohibited.
6. The administration of DeLand High School reserves the right to make any adjustments it deems necessary to enforce student parking regulations. To insure the safety and protection of the student population, Florida law provides for the search of any vehicle on campus by the school administration upon reasonable suspicion that a violation of a school rule is occurring.
7. Students are not allowed to park in the BUS LOOP, FACULTY OR VISITORS PARKING AREAS.