Each year, the West Volusia Branch of the NAACP awards students with scholarships to use towards their education. Scholarship recipients will be awarded the necessary funds; which will be disbursed “directly” to the college or university of your choice and acceptance.
The WV-NAACP Education Committee has always been excited to make education a PRIORITY! Applying for the “David H. Staples Freedom Fund Scholarship” will be a great start to a successful future. Please read the following guidelines carefully and submit your completed scholarship application prior to the deadline.
All scholarship applications will require:
1. The applicant or immediate family member must be a current member of the WV-Youth Council or the WV-NAACP Branch.
2. A completed scholarship application; postmarked by deadline (April 29, 2021).
3. Two letters of recommendation; (One must be from a current school official. Letters of recommendation from relatives are strictly prohibited.)
4. A brief essay (500 words) – Describing your motivations for pursuing your course of study and how you, the NAACP or your community will benefit when you attain your educational goals.
5. A 2.5 GPA or higher AND a current “sealed” official high school transcript
6. Exhibit good citizenship and provide (2) verifications of community service within the last six months.
7. Must provide verification of enrollment in a community college, college, or university as a full-time (12 credit hours) student; before ANY disbursement.
8. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a legal resident of the County of West Volusia.
9. Applicant must use scholarship within one year of the acceptance date.
The American Muslim Alliance of Florida Inc. will be awarding a total of $15,000 in scholarships to 25 students in support of Florida High School senior students in pursuit of a college education. The top FIVE students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000. In addition, 20 students will each receive a scholarship in the amount of $500.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
Scholarship program is open for studnts of ALL faiths and race. The winners will be announced before the Scholarship Award Ceremony.
Application deadline: All completed applicatons must be received on or before May 3, 2021 in the office of the AMAF. Applications received or postmarked after this date will not be considered. Send the completed applications to: AMAF, INC., 11694 Sunrise View Lane, Wellington, FL 33449 ATTN: Scholarship Committee.
PILOT CLUB OF THE HALIFAX AREA ‘BLOOM’ SCHOLARSHIP
The Pilot Club of the Halifax Area BLOOM Scholarship is established to assist students in Volusia County with a financial handicap. Two annual $500 awards are given to graduating high school seniors and/or undergraduate students who demonstrate a severe financial hardship and a great passion to achieve success.
Two individual scholarships are awarded annually and are based primarily on financial need. Consideration is also given for academic achievement and community involvement. Scholarships are awarded for one academic year; a student may not re-apply.
Completed applications must be postmarked/emailed no later than May 15th. Our Pilot Scholarship Committee will notify the award recipients in the month of June. Additional eligibility requirements are listed below.
To apply, complete the attached scholarship application form and submit all required items to [email protected] by May 15th, or mail to Pilot Club of the Halifax Area, Inc. P.O. Box 11461, Daytona Beach, FL 32120, postmarked by May 15, 2020.